Children of America Preschool - Summer Camp Teacher/ Counselor, DE in Wilmington, Delaware
* Fields Are Required
Job Description: Preschool - Summer Camp Teacher/ Counselor
At Children of America, our commitment is to enhance the developmental growth and learning experience of every child. For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted industry leader among parents and colleagues. Our classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
We are seeking Summer Camp Teachers to join our family/team. The Camp Counselor engages toddlers in activities that encourage social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. This position has a strong emphasis on physical activity and outdoor play. They follow the daily program for children within an assigned age group.
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
- Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child.
- Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
- Must meet DE state requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree from accredited college or university.
- Completion of at least six credits in child development or early childhood education.
- Two-year's experience working with children birth thru second grade in a group setting.
- Completion of Training for Early Care and Education 1 & 2 or TECE 1 & TECE 2
- Strong customer service, organization, and listening skills. Above average on verbal and written skills.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
Supervision: Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Assistant Director This position does not supervise other staff. Hours are varied, Monday through Friday. *Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 15-Apr-2018 to 14-Jun-2018 (EST)
Location: Wilmington, DE, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: FT and PT