YMCA Greater Springfield Summer Camp - Advanced First Responder Camp Stony Brook Acres in United States
For 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Springfield has provided youth development, fostered healthy living, and promoted social responsibility in the 14 cities and towns that it serves.We take pride in being one of the largest non-school educators in the state, one of the top 120 YMCAs in the U.S., and the second oldest Y in the country.
We are currently looking for an Advanced First Responder to join our team. Whether you are interested in joining a leading non-profit or looking to advance your Y career, this is your opportunity to help make our community better together. The Y. ™ For a better us. ™
Please note that any and all offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check, reference check, and new hire packet. In roles where driving is required as an essential function, a driver history check must also be successfully completed.
This person will play an important part in the work that we do each day. In addition to all other duties as assigned, this role will:
Being the primary care giver of First Aid and Emergency Care. Collecting, keeping and updating all medical record on camp, including staff and campers. Keeping Camp and staff supplied with first aid supplies and ensuring the nursing station is well equipped and stocked.
Attend and participate in staff training and scheduled staff meetings.
Assist the office manager with any office related tasks.
Cover as office manager in their absence.
- Ensure the pool area is supplied with first aid equipment.
- Supervise counselors and other camp staff in First Aid and emergency procedures.
- Ensure the safety of the activities of staff and campers at all times.
- Actively supervise aquatic and specialty staff at assigned areas.
- Recognize and respond to potential problems camper, group, unit or individual discipline problems.
- Keep accurate medical logs and daily dispensing of medicines.
- Conduct daily check of program areas for safety, cleanliness and needed repairs.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for the following season.
- Maintain a positive relationship with campers, parents and staff at all times. (Show attentiveness to parent issues).
- Inform Camp Director of any camp or staff problems.
- Embrace the four cornerstone values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility while conducting YMCA business.
- Any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the Camp Director.
The requirements and preferences (where indicated) for this role are listed below. Please review them carefully to ensure that you apply for the role that best matches your qualifications. Additional years of professional experience or a Rank of E-5 or better may be used in lieu of education requirements where permitted.
The incumbent must be a minimum of 21 years old and must High School diploma or equivalent.
An Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience at camp.
- Must have, or be willing to earn, and maintain First Aid, CPR, AED training. Must also have or be willing to obtain the Advanced First Responder / Professional Certification for each.
While each of our leadership competencies plays a role in the success of our staff members, for this role we will be paying especial attention to the areas of:
Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Inclusion - Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Communication - Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Decision Making - Makes sound judgements, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Emotional Intelligence - Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations, as well as how they impact relationships.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We are proud to be a champion of diversity and an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to:
Sit, stand, or reach for extended periods of time;
Move around the work environment independently;
Communicate via computer, multi-line phone, and smartphone; and,
Push, pull, or lift up to 25 pounds for short periods of time.
The noise level in the work place is usually moderate, but may vary based on a number of external factors.
Hiring Manager: Cesar Carattini
Minimum: USD $12.00/Hr.
Maximum: USD $13.00/Hr.
End Date: 5/27/2018