Coastal Hospitality Associates, LLC Holiday Inn North Beach - Summer Rooms Division Intern in United States
The Rooms Division Intern will spend one half of their intern experience at the Front Desk where they are responsible for the execution of all aspects of the Front Desk functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
The Rooms Division Intern will spend the *other half of their Intern experience within the Housekeeping *team where they are responsible for the cleaning and/or inspection of rooms and public areas for quality aligned with the brand standards. They will assist with ordering, inventory management, reporting and will be immersed in the overall Housekeeping operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
Understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and company standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain a collaborative workplace by assisting co-workers and working in a team environment. Maintain positive working relationships.
- Perform/assist PBX with switchboard duties.
- Assist guests with luggage if applicable
- Coordinates inventory distribution through the Housekeeping closets; assists with the inventory delivery as necessary
- Inspect guest rooms, bathrooms, corridors and public spaces for cleanliness and appearance in accordance with Brand and health code standards. Report areas of deficiency to the Housekeeping Manager and follow up with staff on incomplete items.
- Verity and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms and enter into property management system. Communicate with Front Desk on VIP and urgent needs.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies via radio communication; use work order system to report non-emergency issues.
- Monitor issuance of keys and radios.
- Ensure that housekeeping carts and supply closets are kept clean, neat and stocked according to housekeeping guidelines.
- Coordinate with laundry services to ensure that dirty linen is picked up daily and new deliveries arrive to meet hotel needs.
- Complete monthly inventory of linens and supplies.
- Assist Housekeepers, Housekeeping Aids/Housepersons and Public Space Attendants in securing the required tools and supplies that are necessary for the completion of their job duties. Submit equipment needing repair or maintenance (ex. Carts and vacuums) to Engineering.
- Answer and resolve inquiries regarding lost & found items.
- Follow up and complete guest request items.
- Work as needed in the role of: Housekeeper, Housekeeping Aid/Houseperson and Public Space Attendant for unplanned absences or spikes in business demand.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities
- Complete intern assignment as requested
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in customer service or prior hospitality experience
- Possess a good command of the English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests, both in person and by telephone.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Approximate dates of this internship are from May 2018 - August 2018
- Availability requirement typically includes 30-40 hours per week; must have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Hospitality.
- Analytical and critical thinking combined with strong written communication and summarization skills.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skill, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.
The hospitality industry requires that employees present a professional image at all times. This includes providing courteous and attentive customer service. Employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Uniform standards will be explained during orientation. This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.