Visteon Corporation Summer Intern 2018 - Semiconductor Commodity Buyer in Van Buren Twp, Michigan
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, telematics and SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also supplies embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions to the global automotive industry. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.16 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry.
Commodity Buyer Intern
Semiconductors and Modules
Commodities: Microprocessors and Memory
Commodity Buyer Intern will assist Global Commodity Managers to drive key strategic initiatives on the following commodities (Microprocessors, Memory) for the following product lines: Clusters, Infotainment, and Autonomous Driving Controllers.
KEY TASKS: (Working closely with Commodity Manager)
- Consolidate supplier roadmaps and align with product introduction.
- Develop product platform block diagrams of current/ future usage of semiconductors and software assumptions (HMI, Middleware, Services, OS) based on reviews with Technical architects.
- Document major component costs associated with platform block diagrams
- Centralize forward looking component costing and document forward year usages of components.
- Develop market data reports for Semiconductors based on Visteon current subscriptions
- Semiconductor product and process knowledge
- Currently enrolled in College pursuing degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering
- Demonstrate grasp of business concepts, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, reliable, detailed and results oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Results driven, self-starter who thrives in a time constrained environment
Posted: March 1, 2018