Visteon Corporation Summer Intern 2018 - Internal Audit in Van Buren Twp, Michigan
Description: Intern – Finance Internal Audit
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, telematics and SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also supplies embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions to the global automotive industry. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.16 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry
Located at Grace Lake Corporate Center (GLCC) in Van Buren Twp., Michigan, this role will function on-site participating in an active audit and completing some internal controls testing as part of the annual audit cycle. The possibility for international travel exists for a 1 - 2 week period during the internship.
- Finance intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Finance/Director of Accounting
- Partake in an active audit
- Complete internal controls testing as part of the annual audit cycle
- To collect, understand, process, verify and report accounting related information to supervisor
- Be responsible for analytical and management support work assignments
- Assist with monthly/weekly financial reports
- Develop spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications to support departments
- Manage specialized reports
- Entering data into the financial accounting system
Years of Experience: College junior or senior working towards degree in Finance/Accounting
Degree: required, strongly preferred:Current enrollment in a Four-Year Degree Program working towards a Finance/Accounting degree
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Must be able to collect, Interpret and evaluate financial data
- Problem solving, data verification
- Ability to successfully build working relationships.
- Advanced skills in active listening, problem definition, problem resolution, research, analysis, and executive briefings/reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage by influencing others within and outside the organization.
- Good level of written, verbal and graphics communication capabilities.
- Flexibility in working hours to work with a global team may be required.
- Some flexibility for global travel is important.
Posted: February 22, 2018