Charter Communications/Spectrum Sales Support Intern - Media (Summer) in Syracuse, New York
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
* This position is part of our Summer Paid Internship Program.
* Internship will last between late May to August. Approximately 10 weeks.
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater
* You must currently be enrolled in an educational institution and be returning in the Fall or recently graduating in May 2018.
* Create, run and maintain routine reports for day to day operations. Create and maintain reports needed for special projects.
* Assist Account Executives handle revisions, make-goods, and order entry for each contract as needed.
* Handle entering tape/traffic instructions (and copy changes) as needed , making sure to meet internal deadlines.
* Supports Account Executives with new product roll outs/initiatives
* Run Payment Reports (possibly daily)and Aging Reports (usually weekly) using correct parameters.
* Work with the Account Executive to contact clients @ 60 days past due.
* Work with the Account Executive to ensure billings do not reach 120 days.
* Update and maintain carded/master client lists.
* Document and assign sales call-ins as instructed by management.
* Perform as back-up for Account Executives with clients and others when they are out of office and unavailable.
* Assist management with tracking of Regional Sales Initiatives.
* Assists MCS Department by working on overflow work to include: order entry, running CMR and other reports, matching co-op opportunities, etc.
* Support Account Executives with coordination of existing product execution (ie. Weather channel crawls, billing inserts, etc.)
* Perform clerical functions for Account Executives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and other computer software.
* Must have strong verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills.
* Must have the ability to follow through on multiple tasks
Employer's Job# 214739BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.