Sanford Health Summer Intern - Arts in Health in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Summer Intern | Arts in Health | Vermillion
State: South Dakota
Department : HR INTERN PROGRAM
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: 8 hr
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experience that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Must have good human relations and communications skills; must be able to follow procedures and instructions given by the leadership staff. Must have strong problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Arts in Health Internship provides training and mentorship to bring arts and arts engagement sessions to the residents of Sanford Care Center Vermillion and Assisted Living facilities. Art facilitation is designed to support wellness to clients throughout the Sanford Vermillion Medical Center.
• Develop art projects for residents, patients, staff, families and volunteers throughout the Sanford Vermillion Medical Center (SVMC). Modalities include visual arts, music, literary, craft, movement and contemplative exercises
• Prepare, invite and facilitate art projects for events and outreach programming based on the best practices of Sanford Arts Vermillion at SVMC.
• Facilitate age-appropriate art activities that pertain to the geriatric community.
• Normal day-to-day scheduling may include up to four contact hours with clients of Sanford Arts Vermillion in art related activities.
• Normal day-to-day activities include documentation, research and administrative tasks on behalf of Sanford Arts Vermillion.
• Upkeep of art studio and infection control practices of supplies and surfaces and with participants.
• Arts in Health advocacy and speaking opportunities may be performed throughout the internship
• Creative, ability to improvise, friendly, flexible, patient demeanor and leadership abilities
• Volunteer, teaching or caregiving experience preferred
• Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Health Science, Psychology, Communication or other applicable majors or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
• Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12 -week internship.
Varying levels of education based on Internship. • Creative, ability to improvise, friendly, flexible, patient demeanor and leadership abilities • Volunteer, teaching or caregiving experience preferred • Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Health Science, Psychology, Communication or other applicable majors or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors • Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12 -week internship
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing. Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve. We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases. We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-243-1372 or send an email to email@example.com .
In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S. employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
City: Sioux Falls
State: South Dakota
Job Function: Students & Interns
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: req16751