Edventure More Summer Camp Preschool Program Coordinator in San Francisco, California
The Preschool Program Coordinator works side by side with the Camp Director to lead our EDMO Jr. Preschool Program. This includes overseeing all aspects of our 4 & 5 year olds program from instructing on curriculum, to managing program counselors, to making adjustments to the camp day to better suit our PK campers. This is a job filled with personal and professional growth, preschool group management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
Train on and learn all EDMO Jr. Curriculum and serve as main instructor for this age group
Approach education and instruction at camp with constant passion and excitement
Lead and prep the daily preschool activities and lessons
Manage all EDMO Jr. specific staff
Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit with guidance of Camp Director
Build positive role model relationships with campers and support staff
Work closely with the Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits an activities - and participate in all
Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
/Position reports to: Camp Director/
/Manages: EDMO Jr. Counselors/
• Bachelors Degree (or degree in progress) in education or a related course of study
• Experience working with Pre- K children
• Experience with leadership and group facilitation
• Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
• High sense of responsibility and dependability
• Previous camp experience preferred but not required
• Experience talking and interacting with parents
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
• Strong team player
• Creative, flexible, and excellent multi-tasker
• Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
• A large supply of costumes and/or a plethora of skits and songs in your back pocket is a PLUS!
- $12 - $17 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2018.
/We look forward to receiving your application! /If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
/CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools./