Valero Aviation & Commercial Travel Intern (Summer 2018) in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated students to join the Valero Intern Program. The internship program has openings for an Aviation & Commercial Travel Intern who is ready for new and exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment.
The Aviation & Commercial Travel Intern will be responsible for assisting aircraft maintenance associates and maintenance technicians with day-to-day operations of aviation department. The intern will assist personnel in making personal and business travel arrangements using Sabre System and online booking tool in a timely and efficient manner.
Aviation Major Accountabilities:
- Aircraft cleaning exterior: washing, polishing, cleaning landing gear, polishing bright work such as wing leading edges and tail surfaces.
- Aircraft cleaning interior: cleaning and vacuuming carpets, cleaning leather work, cleaning and polishing woodwork.
- Escorting non-badged personnel and contractors on the AOA.
- Passenger service prior to aircraft launch and after aircraft arrival.
- Answers telephone, door and gate.
- Attends aircraft positioning, fueling and servicing of lavatories and water systems.
- Hangar cleaning and routine hangar maintenance.
- Performs ground support equipment maintenance.
- Recognizes and accomplishes tasks/duties to ensure availability of aircraft and provide a high level of customer service.
Commercial Travel Major Accountabilities:
- Assists personnel in all aspects of group reservations and meeting planning.
- Assists Travel Agents and Travel Manager with administrative duties.
- Assists with airline, hotel, and car rental arrangements for Valero employees traveling on business
- Uses available resources, including the Sabre system and online booking tool, computer, and personal contacts, to maintain travel expenses at the lowest reasonable levels and conforming to Company travel policy.
- Assists with issuing tickets and itineraries to travelers. Document each record using Sabre UDID's so that accurate reports can be prepared for Valero management and so that all earned commissions are collected
- Assists with inconsistencies between requested travel and Company policy and document per supervisor's instructions.
- Assists with personal travel arrangements for employees and non-employees on a time available basis.
- Assists with administrative duties such as filing, preparing reports and preparing presentations.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (or higher) in Aviation Management, Technology, Tourism, Hospitality or related major required.
- A Federal Aviation Administration Pilot or Aviation Maintenance Certification preferred.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of internship required.
- Graduation dates of August 2018 through May 2020 required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week during the Summer required.
- Required to perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Required to work independently and use good judgment
Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major - Expected Graduation Date
About the Valero Intern Program
Come and be a part of an engaging, fast-paced and meaningful internship! Valero’s Intern Program gives students a chance to turn their knowledge into hands-on experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best through a formal mentor program, as they take on real-world projects. As a Valero Intern, you will be invited to visit Valero’s Headquarters for the annual Intern Symposium. Symposium is a three-day conference full of guest speakers, professional development sessions, and fun-filled events. The Valero Intern Program is more than a line item on your resume – it will prepare you for your future career.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Req ID: 180012N