The College Board Video Communications Intern - 2018 Summer in New York, New York
ABOUT THE COLLEGE BOARD
As a not-for-profit membership association, representing more than 6,000 colleges, universities and schools, the College Board leads national and international efforts to improve access to and readiness for higher education.
We are committed to increasing the number of students who earn a college degree and are prepared to succeed in the 21st century. Today's College Board works with middle schools, high schools, community colleges, four-year colleges, policymakers and state education agencies to achieve this mission. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success - including the SAT® and the Advanced Placement Program®. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators and schools. www.collegeboard.org .
We're looking for a creative writer/storyteller that loves to work with video and graphics to help the communications team bring visual elements to our releases, events and social engagement.
The Communications intern will have a unique opportunity to work in a very fast-paced environment while gaining real-world experience in public relations and executive communications. The intern will assist the communications team in delivering compelling stories about the College Board, our data and the students we serve.
Support the communications team:
* Develop stories that incorporate visual assets coupled with our data to augment our owned communication channels and earned media.
* Support key events where executives are speaking or where the College Board is a partner, through media relations, social media and blog writing.
* Organize and catalogue multimedia assets.
* Monitor news and social media.
* Analyze data to inform storytelling and presentation materials.
* General knowledge of education on a national or state level.
* Experience in television/film studio work.
* Currently enrolled (or accepted) in a master's program for journalism, film, television production or graphic design.
* A bachelor's in communications, film, graphic design or journalism.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period (Start date: 5/30/2018)
To be considered candidates must submit the following:.
* A resume that includes your G.P.A, major and expected graduation dates
* Film, video or graphic portfolio/demo, appreicated
If you are interested in an Internship at the College Board and you meet our qualifications, please apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers . Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.