FOX Payroll Services Intern - Summer 2018 - Undergraduate - Nat Geo Basecamp - Content Strategist in New York, New York
Intern - Summer 2018 - Undergraduate - Nat Geo Basecamp - Content Strategist (R10001437)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYNational Geographic
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society's mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
- Provide cross-functional support across the soon-to-launch Nat Geo Basecamp content studio, gaining experience with branded content strategy, creative development, video and digital production, publishing, and brand partnerships
- Collaborate with Client Solutions / Ideation and Nat Geo Basecamp creative leads for development of new content programs, formats and brand partnership opportunities
- Research new opportunities for Nat Geo Basecamp growth and revenue opportunities, as assigned by the Nat Geo Basecamp SVP
- Lead outreach, engagement and management of Nat Geo Basecamp strategic partnerships
While individuals of all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply, applicants should have prior experience in media, entertainment, publishing and/or brand strategy and an understanding of the following:
- "A Creators Mindset", with proven production skills and experience in creating work for an audience or a client
- Best practices for Digital and Social Media, especially Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and owned & operated digital properties
- Linear and digital media eco-system, and ways of working for publishers with agencies and brands
- Awareness of leading brands, and their brand purpose
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and organized
- Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, PPT and Excel - and ideally video editing and other multi-media software or applications
- A passion for storytelling and creative excellence
To participate in Fox's Internship program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
Please submit a resume (and a cover letter) detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.