Korn Ferry Hay Group, Inc. CMS Summer Intern Location: New York New York in New York, New York
Korn Ferry Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective, and motivate them to perform at their best. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential. Our clients are from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors across every major industry
Korn Ferry Hay Group currently has a need for nine interns in our Reston, Virginia, office and three interns in our New York office. The internship will run from approximately May 29 through approximately July 27, though additional work may be available for exceptional performers.
This is a paid full-time temporary summer internship. 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday for approximately 9 weeks.
- Strong data analysis capability using Microsoft Excel. Ability to interpret, extract, manipulate and combine data from a series of documents using Excel spreadsheets. Should be able to use various lookup functions. Familiarity with Excel pivot tables and macros is a plus.
- Candidate should have made substantial progress towards a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Finance.
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work under time pressure, while working in both a team environment and individually, maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to document and explain complex factual information in precise and concise written form, using technical terms and standard English.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about the materials read and handled.
Skills & Experience
- Upper level college student or recent graduate.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated expertise in mathematics or other technical discipline and strong verbal skills as evidenced by appropriate course work or the verbal scores on SAT, GRE, or GMAT exams.
- Independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and to manage own time under very tight deadlines.
- Reliability, integrity, and discretion regarding maintaining confidentiality of materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (MS Word and Excel).
Work experience offered
The successful candidate will benefit from practical experience assisting with the technical review of the pricing of Medicare Advantage or Part D prescription drug plans. The candidate will gain valuable practical experience working with high-profile healthcare issues with highly experienced and knowledgeable health actuaries.
This is a paid internship.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability