Premera Blue Cross Summer Internship - Customer Experience Design Research in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Customer Experience Design Research Intern, you will be focused on two key objectives. The first is to have a learning experience that provides increased knowledge about design strategy and the health insurance industry while gaining professional experience related to the intern’s graduate area of study while at Premera. The second key objective for the intern to support the business and add value through a variety of supervised tasks, defined projects and planned out assignments that support the Customer Experience Department’s goals and initiatives. The intern is responsible for completing these assignments as outlined and supervised by the manager. The intern is responsible for completing a set of learning objectives as outlined in a development plan that is created jointly with the manager.
What you’ll do
- Support planning and facilitation of design projects from research to design.
- Participate in the collection of customer, internal, and external research using variety of methods, tools, and resources with supervision.
- Support the translation of research findings into insights.
- Participate in the creation of ideas based on research.
- Participate in the testing and validating of ideas internally and with customers with supervision.
- Document the design of holistic experiences with detailed process flows.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex assignments, with supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally/effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data to outline business case and make recommendations.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Summer Internship - Customer Experience Design Research
Job ID: 11359
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.