Google User Experience Engineer Intern, Summer 2018 in Mountain View, California
Applications are now closed. Please check back next year for 2019 opportunities.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
User Experience (UX) Engineers are the synthesis of design and development. They take Google's most innovative product concepts and bring them to life in an effort to push the boundaries of user interface design. Google is known for its design aesthetic and technical know-how. In a UX Engineer job, you have both types of skills to develop the next generation of products. You will partner with Researchers and Designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs.
From Maps to Gmail to Android, Google is known for innovative user interfaces that push the boundaries of design and technology. As a UX Engineer Intern, you will work closely with members of our design team to translate concepts into living, breathing prototypes. You will iterate constantly on interactions, animations and subtle details to deliver the perfect experience. You will also collaborate closely with UX researchers to user-test new concepts and assist engineering with the final implementation.
You work independently on many projects, but also incorporate feedback from team members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion. The impact of your work is large, as Google touches millions of users every day.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Specific responsibilities vary by project area.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, and graduating in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Experience with development on mobile platforms, material design standards and principles, developing websites and applications, ideation, design, storyboarding, and overall UX development.
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, and graduating in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as depth sensing, augmented reality, or virtual reality.
- Experience developing clean, valid and novel games for mobile (tablet, phones, and wearable) and for other form factors (e.g., Smart TV).
- Relevant Internship work, work experience, or personal project experience outside the classroom in at least one of the following: physics engines, rendering engines, or artificial intelligence engines.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.