Elbit Systems of America Summer Intern- Optical Engineering in Merrimack, New Hampshire
A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining Elbit Systems of America could be the best move of your career.
The ideal internship candidate will be interested in a career in optical or electro-optical engineering, focusing on the application of imaging technology to defense and commercial aviation applications. Typical tasks may include:
• Analysis of electro-optical systems using existing modeling tools
• Web-based research in support of technology trade studies
• Optical experiment setup, alignment, and test
• Test execution and result documentation
In addition to technical achievement, engineers at ESA are expected to multitask on a variety of on-going projects and excel in time management and goal oriented planning. This internship offers exposure and mentoring on these management skills that are essential to successful engineering at all levels.
Must be a current student enrolled in a related engineering degree program. Junior or Senior year students strongly preferred.
The candidate should have experience or have completed coursework in support of the following:
• Familiar with scientific calculations and tools such as Matlab, MathCAD, and/or advanced experience with Excel
• Fourier theory, differential equations, multidimensional calculus
• Basic electronics and basic optics / optical principles
• Work with lasers, detectors, cameras
• Hands-on laboratory work and experiment documentation
This is full-time position for the months of June, July and August 2018
Requisition #: 2018-5915
SECURITY CLEARANCE: NONE
External Company URL: http://elbitsystems.com/
Street: 220 Daniel Webster Highway