Mercy Health PCA Co-Op - Ortho - Summer 2018 - Mercy Health West Hospital in GreenTwp, Ohio
PCA Co-Op - Ortho - Summer 2018 - Mercy Health West Hospital
Job ID: 4661591
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: GreenTwp, OH, United States
Department: Orthopedic - Nursing
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0.01
Provides direct patient care under the guidance of the Registered Nurse or designated health care Professional in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and within the policies, procedures, guidelines of Mercy Health.
- Provides basic nursing care to patients to include, but not limited to, care and comfort, monitor vitals, personal care and hygiene, mobility and wound care.
- Acts as a liaison between Patient and Nurse to report changes or concerns to Nurse.
- Provides accurate, precise, timely documentation when applicable for patient care.
- Uses professional, verbal and written communication skills at all time.
- Provides high level customer service to all patients, patient's family, visitors and all Mercy Associates.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Vocational/Technican Degree Preferred
- Current STNA certification at time of hire or two years recent experience in acute or long term care facility or nursing student with 1 semester of clinical rotation completed.
- Biannual renewal of STNA certification preferred but not required.
- Preference for recent experience in acute care, long term care facility.
- CPR with BLS, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers obtained within 6 months of hire .
- Computer profiency with ability to access and input data into multiple programs.
Shift and Job Schedule
Hours: 36 hours per week (non-benefit eligible PRN)
Schedule : 7:00pm - 7:30am (12 hour shifts)
Weekend & holiday rotation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.