Intertek Technician Assistants Summer Intership in Farmingdale, New York
Technician Assistants Summer Intership
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Technician Assistants to join our Building and Construction team in Farmingdale, NY.
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This is a technical, hands-on position that requires physical labor to set up and perform tests on a variety of building products, in a laboratory and/or field environment.
This is a summer position with on-the-job training provided; and an excellent opportunity for growth and learning.
· Assist with or perform a variety of tests on construction materials including, aggregates, concrete/mortar/grout, using materials-testing equipment
· Read construction documents to determine project details and specifications
· Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, test reports and timesheets – in a timely manner
· Records and reports test results after performing mathematical calculations, making graphical solutions and graphical representations
· Communicates orally and in writing with engineers and staff members, agency representatives, contractors and business and property owners
· Performs maintenance/cleaning of equipment and calibration and adjustments as needed
· Adheres to construction site safety guidelines and promotes a safe working environment
· Comfortable using MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
· Inspection of construction operations
· High school diploma or GED required
· Working toward a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field is desired or equivalent experience
· Technical competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results
· General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Good computer skills using Word and Excel
· Ability to climb ladders, bend, crawl, push and pull, stretch, sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time
· A valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM
Auto req ID:
State or Province: