Materion Co-op -Electrical -Facilities Dept. (Summer/Fall) in Elmore, Ohio
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is”along with other videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists_ of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”_
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The successful co-op student will be a member of Facilities Engineering Department working with engineers within the department on multi-disciplined ongoing projects throughout the 443 acre facility.
This opportunity may include interaction with various departments including but not limited to Health & Safety, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Operations, Environmental, and Security. These positions are best suited for energetic, highly motivated and results driven individuals who are looking to join a solid, high growth international company that is headquartered in Mayfield Heights, OH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing engineering programs:
- Technical document updating
- Independent Project (Ex: Infrastructure document updating, walk downs/drawing verification, capacity verifications, usage, etc...)
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Engineering program (preferably Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering) and at minimum sophomore status.
- The co-op student will be required to complete a minimum of 640 work hours from the start date until the end of the term for which co-op credit is requested. This usually equates to 40 hours per week for 16 weeks.
- The student must maintain at least a 2.7 GPA.
- Only U.S. Citizens or Aliens who have a legal right to work in the United States are eligible for employment in the United States. If hired, can you present evidence of your US Citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S?
The co-op position pays $17.00 per hour for first rotation co-op students, $18.00 per hour for second rotation co-op students, and $19.00 per hour for third rotation co-op students.
Job ID: 2018-2223
# of Openings: 2
Business Unit: Performance Metals Group
Relocation Provided: No