Mattel Graduate Intern, Child Research (Summer 2018) in East Aurora, New York
Graduate Intern Early Childhood Development Research/Play Lab (Summer 2018)
Fisher-Price's internship program is set-up to provide a real world early childhood development research experience for students, one that will prepare them for post-graduation employment in the profession of early childhood. As an Intern, you will work alongside a diversified team of highly experienced early childhood development experts, and have daily interaction with multiple cross functional teams of Designers, Product, Electrical, and Audio Engineers, Educational Content Producers, Marketers, Artists, and Product Safety experts. This exposure to various disciplines allows our interns to learn and understand the role of early childhood development experts in a multi-disciplinary team that is required in the process of designing developmentally appropriate and successful products for our 21st century children and parents alike!
* Assist the on-going Play Lab toy-testing sessions with preschool-aged children.
* Assist with playgroups of infants and toddlers.
* Assist with product testing projects: on-site, web-based, and in-home testing.
* Assist with testing new research technologies, i.e. eye-tracking; facial recognition.
* Compile, analyze and generate report summaries based on product development testing sessions and related research.
* Assist with ethnographic observational research in collaboration with Play Lab Research Staff to observe and analyze play patterns and physical, cognitive, and social interaction of infants, toddlers and preschoolers regarding selected topics.
* Conduct parenting, educational and/or developmental trend research reviews across all target age groups and product categories.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Strong Communication skills, with an ability to clearly, concisely, and with impact, using the right communication formats and methods
* Accountability and taking personal ownership for delivering and exceeding their commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results
* Innovation competencies and you work to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization. You re respectful of, yet unburdened by, the Mattel legacy and norms
* Current student enrolled in graduate program related to the education and development of young children (e.g. Early Childhood Education /Elementary Education/ Educational Psychology/Literacy/Technology/Media/Special Needs/)
* Experience teaching, researching and observing, and/or working with young children.
* Strong observational research skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based research, data collection.
Employer's Job# 180484
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.