Sony Pictures Entertainment IT Project Management Intern, Corporate – Summer 2018 in Culver City, California
IT Project Management Intern, Corporate – Summer 2018
GMS IT Support is responsible for providing IT support to Global Mastering & Servicing (GMS) and Asset Management (AM). GMS IT provides business process analysis, project-based application and process enhancements, along with break-fix application support. Our development team is comprised of both on and off-shore resources.
GMS and AM manage SPE’s library and distribution operations for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s post-theatrical business lines. The division provides services related to the preservation and restoration of assets, mastering and foreign language creation, content manipulation, and file and tape-based delivery to worldwide clients.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supporting the project managers as they define, test & deploy functionality for existing & new systems
• Gathering functional requirements and writing user stories with business customers
• Designing reports and dashboards to visualize important trends for management
• Supporting Scrum Masters as the team transitions from a Waterfall to Agile methodology
• Assisting with defining test cases, staging test data, and executing tests for application & reporting enhancements
• Supporting KLO activities for existing applications
Intern will gain experience / exposure to the following:
• Investigating new technologies & solutions while maintaining existing applications
• Interacting with business customers and diverse IT groups at SPE
• Software development using Agile methodologies and automated regression testing
• Opportunity to intern at major entertainment studio
• Exposure to reporting tools Business Objects and Tableau; IT management tools ServiceNow and Jira
• Strong service orientation and focus; good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to implement solutions for difficult software problems involving custom programming and software development
• Experience creating business & technical requirement documents
• Good working knowledge of common technical platforms
• Ability to be flexible and deal with changes both internal and external to the organization
• Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks that require coordination between multiple resources
• Basic understanding of SDLC, Agile, project management and customer satisfaction measurement methodologies a plus
• Experience with Access, Business Objects, Excel, JIRA, SQL Server, Tableau a plus
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Summer internship is from Wednesday, May 30th or Tuesday, June 5th through August 31st but is flexible based on school schedule. All candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week and be returning back to school in the Fall.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.