Copper Mountain Resort Summer Woodward Copper Snowboard Coach in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Summer Woodward Copper Snowboard Coach
Job Status: Seasonal
Woodward Snowboard coaches are responsible for developing and maintaining safe and fun learning environments for guests of all ability levels utilizing our on snow and barn facilities. On snow Woodward coaches provide a safe and fun learning experience by using freestyle based instruction. Coaches will use the Start with Woodward program to educate beginner skiers and the Ride with Woodward program to enhance skiing skills. Coaches will also coach in the barn utilizing state of the art cross training tools and methods to maximize progression at all levels. Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and very strong group management skills are required for this position. Candidates must be flexible and adapt to ever changing environments. Previous coaching or instruction experience is required. Certification through AASI or USSA is preferred. Full time positions can consist of 4-5 days per week, including weekends, holidays and busy periods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides on hill coaching to all ability levels, including first experience, park and pipe, as well as indoor coaching on park boards, park skis, trampolines, and spring floor.
- Uses progressive teaching and coaching methods to ensure a quality and unique experience
- Works with beginner snowboarders to provide a safe and fun learning experience.
- Works with participants to safely progress their skiing skills and techniques in the park and pipe.
- Teaches and spots participants through a variety of trick progressions on the spring floor and trampolines.
- Adheres to the highest safety standards.
- Creates a safe learning environment for employees and guests.
- Assists participants in setting reasonable daily goals.
- Suggests improvements and makes recommendations to support the Woodward Copper experience.
- Ability to work with a group of coaches to accomplish the Woodward Copper goals and provide a unique experience.
- Works closely with Snow Supervisor and Operations Manager to continually develop Woodward Copper coaching and progression model.
- Assists in testing new features and equipment both on the hill and in the Barn.
- Provide feedback about the features both on the hill and in the Barn on a regular basis to ensure it works with the programming.
- Upholds the highest standard of professionalism as a member of the Woodward Copper coaching staff.
- Assists Barn crew to exhibit a sales and fulfillment operation that is seamless to the guest.
- Assists Barn crew by checking passes and wrist bands to monitor access to the Woodward Copper Barn as well as exclusive on mountain features.
- Performs daily cleaning and maintenance of the Barn.
- Identify and execute maintenance of features and equipment inside the Barn and in Copper's terrain parks as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in all departmental aspects of Woodward Copper policies and procedures.
- Strong team player with proven leadership skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude in an eight to ten hour day, and on stressful high volume days, in order to uphold the highest standard of professionalism (including appearance and behavior at all times) as a member of the Woodward Copper team.
- Outgoing demeanor and a willingness to act as an ambassador for freestyle snowboarding, as well as a role model for kids and teens.
- Ability to work with participants in all action sports (snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding, BMX).
- Ability to adapt to and ever changing environment.
- Ability to be flexible and manage fluctuating business volumes and schedule needs
- Keep record of class lists for tracking purposes.
- Fill out end of session feedback forms for campers to take home.
Guest Service Duties:
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate kids, teens, and adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and all Copper staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
- Skiing/ Snowboarding Level: Expert
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- 1-4 years of experience coaching or instructing Freestyle Snowboarding
- 3 years of experience working with kids and/or teens
- Skateboarding, BMX, or Gymnastics experience preferred
- Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred
- Must have knowledge of tricks, progressions, and terminology
- Certification by USASA, USSA, AASI, or equivalent experience as a coach preferred
- Ski resort work experience a plus
- College degree or equivalent a plus
- Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled