Copper Mountain Resort Summer Woodward Copper Front Desk Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Summer Woodward Copper Front Desk Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
This position assists in supervision of the Woodward Copper indoor progression facility known as the "Barn." The Foreperson will assist the Barn Supervisor in supervising Woodward Copper's guest facing locations, as well integrating the sales and fulfillment of the Woodward Copper product within Copper Mountain resort.
The Barn sells and fulfills both "walk up" transactions and advanced reservations for all Woodward Copper products including but not limited to season passes, punch passes, drop-in sessions, classes, private lessons, Woodward Copper retail merchandise, day and residential Camp products, as well as handling resort information requests.
The Woodward Copper Foreperson is a fulltime seasonal position and will assist in the supervision of approximately 1 -12 employees. Days and hours may vary but will include weekends and holidays. Must be able to work both outside on the mountain as well as in the Barn from 7:30 a.m. until evenings at 12 a.m. Good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team player attitude, and cash handling skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Duties includes the secure opening and closing of the Woodward Barn, nightly closing reports and cash deposits, as well as ensuring the locations are organized, well stocked, and clean at all times based on departmental standards.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) system (RTP One) and its effective utilization in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Assist in controlling expenses and labor in relation to business volumes.
- Assist in staff scheduling.
- Assist in optimizing retail operations of the Woodward Barn. Ensures sales floor and back stock areas are always properly stocked with retail items.
- Coordinates retail transfers between locations to maintain proper retail offerings.
- Maintains strong guest follow up and creates a strong guest service culture.
- Assists with the collection of Mountain Sports Participant Releases at our guest facing locations as well as their proper storage.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to create a sales and fulfillment operation that appears seamless to the guest.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community.
- Be knowledgeable in all departmental aspects of Woodward Copper policies and procedures
- Help cultivate a sales culture where staff are serving customers with the highest level of guest service, and assist customers in purchasing complete product solutions.
- Help assign agents to specific duties to ensure standards of cleanliness, inventory and merchandising are always maintained to the standards of the division.
- Help account for all security issues involving cash, theft, liability and premises
- May assist with Woodward Copper related on mountain duties which include but are not limited to digging/raking snow or assisting Mountain Operations in maintaining fencing and signage.
- Maintains a positive attitude in an eight to ten hour day, and on stressful high volume days, in order to uphold the highest standard of professionalism (including appearance and behavior at all times) as a member of the Woodward Copper staff.
- Strong team player with proven leadership skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate kids, teens, adults, and parents.
- Outgoing demeanor and a willingness to act as an ambassador for freestyle snowboarding and skiing, as well as a role model for kids and teens.
- Reports to Barn Supervisor.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Woodward Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's and employee's expectations.
- Assist in the supervision of one to twelve (1-12) Woodward Copper Agents.
- Carries out supervisor on shift responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Assist in ordering operating supplies for Barn and Summer EDGE operations.
- Assist in reconciling the Barn and Summer EDGE cash deposit over/shorts.
- Assist in merchandising and management of retail inventory and consignment product.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Can handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Adheres to grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and employees of various language fluencies, and on different levels with parents and children.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism under stressful and potentially high-pressure situations, as well as multitask effectively in these situations
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years guest service experience required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year facilities maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have 1+ years' experience working with kids and/or teens.
- Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred.
- Previous resort experience in a high volume customer oriented environment preferred.
- Computer proficiency in MS windows which includes MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint preferred.
- RTP One experience preferred.
- Retail Inventory management experience preferred.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references.
- CDL preferred but not required.
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled