Copper Mountain Resort Summer Woodward Copper Coach Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Summer Woodward Copper Coach Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
Position includes overseeing staff and guests in the on-hill Free Style Lessons, Barn Private Lessons, and Barn activities/Events. The Barn is an indoor training facility containing trampolines, Skatelite, foam pits, a spring floor, and skate/bmx/inline features. Primary focus is working with coaches to provide a unique training experience for snowboarders and skiers through safe trampoline, tumbling, Skatelite, and terrain park (on to snow) progressions. Applicants must have 3-8 years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or gymnastics, must have trampoline teaching and spotting experience, as well as impeccable safety record. Excellent communication and motivational leadership skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Supervision of 5-30 coaches by planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining conduct as appropriate, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Provide training for coaches through spotting, technique and progression clinics in the Barn, terrain parks, lessons, halfpipe, and participant/group management.
- Create and uphold a safe learning environment for employees and guests
- Assist overseeing the staff and participants in the Barn and on the Mountain to ensure safety standards and proper skill progressions are being upheld
- Help to manage daily sessions in the Barn by assigning coaches to stations, cutting staff when it is slow, and teaching as necessary when it is busy
- When short staffed will serve as additional coach teaching snowboard and ski-specific skill progressions on trampolines, Skatelite, beginner terrain, and park/pipe
- Identify and execute maintenance of features and equipment inside the Woodward Copper Barn as needed
- Oversee, assign, and perform daily routine maintenance inside the Woodward Copper Barn, which may include cleaning, shoveling, lifting, and other manual tasks
- Suggest improvements and make recommendations to support the Woodward Copper experience
- Ability to work with a group of coaches to accomplish the Woodward Copper goals
- Outgoing demeanor and a willingness to act as an ambassador for trampoline safety, freestyle snowboarding and skiing, BMX, skate, and terrain park etiquette; while, embracing the "never ever" clientele, as well as a role model for kids and teens
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Coach Supervisor to continually develop Woodward Copper coaching model
- Uphold the highest standard of professionalism as a member of the Woodward Copper coaching staff
- Strong team player with proven leadership skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate kids, teens, and adults
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, address guest complaints, and resolve problems
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community
- Assist in the progression of the Burton ParkBoard TM Snowboards and ParkSki TM Skiis maintenance project.
- Has a basic understanding of operating RTP Clients @ Woodward Barn front desk.
- Help coordinate weekly schedules for coaches including private lessons, specialty groups, and events.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Number of employees supervised: 30
- Positions Supervised: 3
Scheduling and assigning work
- Salary actions
- Disciplinary actions
- Performance review
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
- Skiing/ Snowboarding Level: Advanced
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or trampoline
- Must have 3+ years of experience teaching gymnastics and/or trampoline to snowboarders and skiers
- Must have 5+ years of experience working with kids and/or teens
- Must have 3+ years of experience in leadership role
- Must have in depth knowledge of freestyle skiing and snowboarding tricks, trampoline progressions, terminology, and beginner teaching
- Must have strong spotting skills
- USASA or USSA coaching certification is preferred
- Experience working with a private Club, Team or Academy is preferred
- Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references
- Safety/Risk Management certification from USAG preferred
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled