Copper Mountain Resort Summer Woodward Copper Agent in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Summer Woodward Copper Agent
Job Status: Seasonal
Are you a living representative of the snow and skate lifestyle? Do you have a passion for high fives and getting extreme? The Woodward Copper agent position might just be for you. We're looking for high energy, outgoing, and detail-oriented individuals to join our team.
This entry-level, front line position works within the overall operation of the Woodward Copper progression camp. The Woodward Copper Barn Agent is a member of the Operations team responsible for the daily operation of Woodward Copper's facilities which include but are not limited to the Barn, the EDGE, and the Copper Mountain terrain park.
The Barn includes a high volume guest facing sales location that fulfills the Woodward Copper product within Copper Mountain resort. Agents will sell and fulfill both "walk up" transactions and advanced reservations for all Woodward Copper products through the RTP Point of Sale computer software which includes season passes, drop-in sessions, classes, Woodward Copper merchandise, day and residential Camp products, punch passes, as well as handling resort information requests.
The Woodward Copper Agent position is a full-time or part-time seasonal position. Days and hours may vary but will include weekends and holidays. Must be able to work both outside on the mountain as well as in the Barn from 7:30 a.m. until evenings at 12 a.m. Good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team player attitude, and cash handling skills required. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Duties include assisting in the secure opening and closing of the Barn location, nightly closing reports and cash deposits, as well as helping ensure the Barn itself is organized and clean at all times based on departmental standards.
- Work with internal and external partners to exhibit a sales and fulfillment operation that is seamless to the guest.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community.
- Be knowledgeable in all departmental aspects of Woodward Copper policies and procedures.
- Work within the (RTP|One) Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Work within a sales culture where agent are serving customers with the highest level of guest service, and assist customers in purchasing complete product solutions.
- Helps sell and inventory retail merchandise in the Barn.
- Assists Coaches with indoor cross training on Skatelite features i.e. jumps to foam pits, skatelite features.
- Follows established companywide security, sales, reporting, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Checks passes and camper credentials to monitor access to the Woodward Copper Barn, as well as exclusive on mountain features.
- Assists in the daily maintenance and cleaning of the Woodward Copper Barn.
- Duties may include shoveling, digging, moving features, and/or maintenance of fencing and signage.
- Assists in loss prevention through active monitoring of guest and employee actions with retail products.
- Maintains a positive attitude in an eight to ten hour day, and on stressful high volume days, in order to uphold the highest standard of professionalism (including appearance and behavior at all times) as a member of the Woodward Copper Agent Team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with kids, teens, adults, and parents
- Outgoing demeanor and willingness to act as an ambassador for freestyle snowboarding and skiing, as well as a role model for kids and teens.
- Reports to Woodward Copper Barn Supervisor.
- Drive campers safely in a 15 passenger van
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Woodward Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Can handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Adheres to grooming guidelines.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and employees of various language fluencies and on different levels with parents and children.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism under stressful and potentially high-pressure situations as well as multitask effectively in these situations.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years guest service experience required.
- Minimum 1 year retail sales and merchandizing experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year facilities maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have 1+ year experience working with kids and/or teens.
- Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred.
- Work experience within the snowboard, ski, and/or skate industry preferred.
- Previous resort experience in a high volume customer oriented environment is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency in MS windows which includes MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- RTP|One experience preferred.
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
- CDL preferred but not required
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled