Goodwill Industries of GCECO Inc. Cleveland- Summer Job Coach Intern in Cleveland, Ohio
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Summer Job Coach Intern to join our team in Cleveland, Ohio.As the Summer Job Coach you will assume primary responsibility for the individual from intake through goal planning to discharge and follow-up in any programs and services area. Work with participant at job site teaching specific job skills, job safety and the appropriate work behaviors to be successful at the job assignment.
- Ensure compliance with CARF standards, policies and procedures, contractual guidelines, safety and security regulations, and confidentiality.
- Evaluate participant intakes and histories. Complete a job task analysis for duties relevant to chosen vocational goals. Maintain up to date records in the case database.
- Assess the participants' work skills and abilities and assist individuals with improvement as needed. Record, document, and submit approved reports within defined timeframes. Make objective and appropriate recommendations based on observed and documented data.
- Meet with program participants in order to develop and implement Individualized Program Plans within established guidelines. Review performance in relation to program plan, assess progress, and revise plan as necessary with input from the participant, their referring counselor, and/or their support team as applicable.
- Identify participant needs best met by other community resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings for assigned program participants. Attend all internal and external meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Integrity, Teamwork, Customer Focus, Data Gathering and Analysis, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Results Orientation, Functional Expertise and Usage.
- Experience in working with persons with disabilities preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, staff and other agency personnel as appropriate and develop teamwork within the agency.
- Ability to work with others in an effective way to gain their trust and confidence, enabling them to share their feelings.
- Ability establish positive working relationships with referral sources and to document these program activities via case notes and written reports.
- Ability to perform and teach soft skills and computer functions including use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Detail oriented, ability to gather and record data quickly and accurately.
- Organizational and time management skills.
Pursuing a bachelor's degree in education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, social work, or related field.
Must have valid driver's license and automotive insurance. Must regularly provide the agency with proof of valid automotive insurance. Certification in first aid and CPR is required.
Ability to handle a variety of tasks that change often and work with moderate to no supervision. Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to inside, sedentary work. Frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk. Occasional standing, walking up to 60 feet, stair climbing, stooping/bending; push/pull up to 10 lbs. Infrequent crouching/squatting. Working conditions will vary according to each participants work site. Standing, lifting, stooping, twisting and hand/arm manipulation may occur at any given job site.
This is an hourly part-time position. Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. No Phone Calls Please.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Start/End Date: 06-Mar-2018 to 05-May-2018 (EST)
Department: Mission Services
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Employment Type: Part Time
Pay Type: Hourly