Caterpillar, Inc. Supply Chain Management Intern- Summer 2018 in Clayton, North Carolina
Supply Chain Management Intern- Summer 2018
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Caterpillar's Supply Chain Management internships are focused on building technical competencies in manufacturing and material planning, demand and orders planning, inventory management, packaging and engineering. In addition, opportunities for development in quality, machining, assembly and supply chain management can help to gain a broad-based understanding of manufacturing and supply chain management.
Session 2018: May 21, 2018 – August 10, 2018
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
- Comprehensive internship orientation
- Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Product Demonstrations
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Intern roundtable discussions
- Business skill building
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
- Resume and Interview workshop
- 3 paid days off and paid holidays
- And more!
Applicants will be considered for positions in Athens, GA, and Clayton, NC.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration/Management with a focus in Supply Chain, Statistics, Math or Logistics
- Minimum 2.8/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
- If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university
- Must be able to relocate indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
- Leadership experience
- Previous co-op, internship or work experience within a manufacturing environment, logistics, and/or supply chain
- Strong communication, teamwork, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Expected graduation date December 2018 and beyond
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-North Carolina-Clayton
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 180000R3