Buffalo Public Schools Summer School Program - Art-Title III-SeLevanta-Bilingual - RB 17-295 in Buffalo, New York
Title:Summer School Program - Art-Title III-SeLevanta-Bilingual - RB 17-295
BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #17-295 2018 SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM-ART
MARCH 28, 2018 TITLE III - SE LEVANTABILINGUAL- FULL DAYS GRADES K – 3
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for Grades K-3 summer school teaching positions:ART (Full Day) Grades K-3 @ #45 International School Teacher Dates: 7/6 – 8/6/2018
Candidates must complete an application form available on the District website, www.buffaloschools.org/jobs.
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must be New York State or Buffalo certified Art. It is required that candidates must attach a PDF or a screen shot of their certifications. Priority in the selection of teachers will be given to qualified permanent/ tenured/probationary/temporary Buffalo Public School teachers in order of summer school seniority. Summer school seniority is defined as previous years of BPS summer employment in a classroom setting. Only current and active BPS employees earn summer school seniority. Experience infusing Puerto Rican culture into the arts preferred. Bilingual candidates with experience teaching multilingual learners preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES:· Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences for students who have recently arrived from Puerto Rico.
· Develop lesson plans.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Prepare classroom for class activities.
· Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
· Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
· Provide for the care and protection of school property.
· Use relevant technology to support instruction.
· Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
· Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
· Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
· Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
· Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
· Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
· Prepare required reports on students and activities.
· Manage student behavior and maintain discipline by establishing classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district rules and procedures.
· Regularly display student products.
· Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the total school program.
· Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians
· Work collaboratively with a professional consultant artist in classroom planning and instruction
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Two paid Teacher Orientation Sessions, at the hourly rate, will be scheduled in June 2018. Each session will last 2 hours and will be held after school. Chosen candidates are encouraged to attend. Also, paid teacher preparation and close-out sessions are scheduled for July 6, 2018 and August 6, 2018 (3.5 hour sessions). Teachers will also receive a full day professional development opportunity during the last week in June. Accepting an assignment to this program includes a commitment to attend the compensated training associated with the program.
Please review the dates carefully. For the benefit of the students and continuity of the program, teachers are expected to serve the full term of the program.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of ENL and/or Bilingual teaching experience, seniority, training, credentials, certifications and evaluation of service. Interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: 1/200th - Teacher rate based on BTF contract.
FUND #: PENDING FUNDING
FOR FILING: APRIL 23, 2018
DR. KRINER CASH,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS