Jewish Community Center Summer Farm Educator in Boulder, Colorado
The Milk and Honey Summer Farm Educator (Farm Educator) reports to the Farm and Sustainability Director and is primarily responsible for implementing farm programs, serving as the lead counselor in farm specialty camps and working with Cherryvale Day
Camp to ensure the farms integration into the camp day. The Summer Farm Educator will also assist with other farm programming and farm tasks throughout the summer.
- Implement farm programing specific to Cherryvale Day Camp and specialty Farm/Food /Environment Camps
- Serve as lead educator for farm specialty camps, including buying supplies, set up, clean up, and leading activities
- Integrate farm programming into Cherryvale Day Camp
- Assist in farm programming for the Early Childhood Center (ECC)
- Integrate farm programming into the ECC Summer Camp
- Assist in farm programming for families, adults, and field trips, as requested by the Farm and Sustainability Director
- Assist with planting, cultivation, and harvesting of Farm properties:
- Greenhouse, Orchard, Tzedakah Garden, Educational garden, Pollinator garden, and others as they are developed
- Assist with other Farm projects as requested by the Farm and Sustainability Director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Background in Farm and Garden based education
- Experience working with young children (ages 2 12)
- Ability to integrate Jewish learning in programs
- Proven outdoor, gardening, cooking, animal care, wilderness, and nature based crafting skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for working at the Boulder JCC
- Excellent oral and writing skills required; a confident speaker
- Has the ability to think and act creatively, be flexible, demonstrate pride of work, and is caring about the individuals he/she serves
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel; Google suite
- Has or is willing to take and pass First Aid, CPR, Standard Precautions, and child abuse reporting training and certifications (and any other trainings and background checks required to work in the Early Childhood Center and school-aged summer camps)
The Boulder Jewish Community Centers [Boulder JCC] mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
The Boulder JCC recently completed building its new 52,000 square foot facility sitting on a beautiful 10-acre campus in East Boulder. As a community convener and one of the central addresses of Jewish life in Boulder County and beyond, the Boulder JCC prides itself on offering a wide array of community programming including one of the best Boulder preschools, day camps, after school classes, and arts and culture programs serving infants, toddlers, youth, families, teens, young adults, and adults. The new Boulder JCC further fulfills its mission by being a primary destination for all of Boulder County as a place for meetings, celebrations, fundraisers, and other community events.
The staff at the Boulder JCC is hard working, collaborative, passionate, and committed to mission. The team is driven by a desire to serve the community broadly and deeply. The organization continually strives to improve its delivery of content and services with a focus on its values. The Boulder JCC endeavors to hire individuals who are committed to the JCCs values, believe in the power of community and want to help grow a dynamic organization.
ABOUT THE MILK AND HONEY FARM Milk and Honey Farm is a community farm at the Boulder JCC. It is a 2+ acre educational sustainable farm which brings the greater Boulder community together via experiential programs and activities designed to ignite wonder and discovery, grounded in Jewish heritage, tradition, and values. It provides a place for individuals to connect on the simplest level with soil, plants, animals, and people, for the health and well-being of themselves and the larger Boulder community. Milk and Honey Farm is located adjacent to the new Boulder JCC building on Boulder Jewish Commons.
Date Posted: 05/16/2018
Title: Summer Farm Educator
JCC: Boulder JCC
Location: Boulder, CO