Walmart CONSORTIUM OP ATTENDEES: 2019 MBA Summer Intern-Merchandising in BENTONVILLE, Arkansas
1047755BRReq ID:1047755BRCompany Summary:What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.Job Title:CONSORTIUM OP ATTENDEES: 2019 MBA Summer Intern-MerchandisingEmployment Type:InternshipCity:BENTONVILLEState:ARPosition Description:“We get to reimagine retail again, and that’s what we’re going to do.” – Doug McMillon, CEO
Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? We're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it.
Every Day Low Price (EDLP) is the cornerstone of our strategy, and our price focus has never been stronger. We're uniting the best entrepreneurs, business minds, data scientists, merchants, and technologists to create seamless experiences for customers to shop anytime, anywhere -- whether they're shopping online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or shopping in a store.
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
A job at Walmart means an opportunity to build a career - develop into a General Manager at the world’s largest company. In joining our MBA Leadership Excellence and Acceleration Program (MBA LEAP), you will deliver innovative solutions to large scale challenges, work in both white space and established areas, and dive into the mindset of our customer to change the way the world shops. Have an idea to improve customer experience? You can own that, too. Do it right, and you could be leading a billion dollar+ business in 7 years … or sooner.
LEAP is looking for tenacious MBAs who are ready to do what it takes to become the next retail General Managers, Directors and VPs – building and growing their skillsets alongside their business. Being successful at Walmart means flourishing in ambiguity and demonstrating nimble leadership.
Some of the LEAP roles include:
• Sr Pricing Strategy Manager: At Walmart, the difference of a single cent can result in millions of dollars saved. That’s why our pricing teams are so focused on a single question: \"How can we get a lower price for our customers?\" How you answer that question will help millions of people live better. All in a day’s work.
• Sr Replenishment Manager: Our teams walk the fine line between surplus and shortage. We manage the supply chains of millions of products and solve for limited shelf life, global distribution, and even respond in times of natural disaster. When a customer finds exactly what they need on the shelf, we know we’ve done our jobs.
• Sr Business Analytics Manager: Do you love data? Well, Walmart processes over 40 petabytes of consumer data every day. But, it’s not just about scale; it’s what we’re doing with it. We translate that data into solutions. We leverage that data to make better business decisions that help our customers save money so they can live better.
• Sr Assortment Manager: We are equal parts data analysts, assortment planners, and advocates for our customers. Are our shelves stocked with the right variety of products? Are the products displayed in a way that is the most convenient? We leverage our understanding of customer behaviors and shopping trends to represent the interests of our shoppers.
When we hire you at Walmart, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Walmart invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged and creatively contributing to our next big idea. Cohort-based learning environments, mentorship, and exposure to senior leadership are key components of your development while in LEAP. Ultimately, the goal of LEAP is to build strong general managers capable of leading large, complex organizations and businesses.Minimum Qualifications:• Currently enrolled in a MBA program at the time of application and graduated before start date
• 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to MBA program
• Authorized to work in the US without restrictionsCategory:Merchandising and Sourcing Hourly/Salary:SalaryShift:0Division:WalmartDivision Summary:At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?Requisition Template:Home Office