COCC Summer Conference Ambassador (SCA) *Student Position Only in Bend, Oregon
Posting Number: 06001285
Position Title: Summer Conference Ambassador (SCA) *Student Position Only
Posting Date: 03/12/2018
Open Until Filled (notes): Open Until Filled - Apply by April 16 for Priority Consideration
Length of Position: 11 weeks per year, Summer Term
Anticipated Start Date:
June 16, 2018
Position Type: Temporary PT Hourly
FTE: < = .50 FTE
Salary Level: Monthly Stipend
Starting Minimum Pay: $200 per month
Starting Maximum Pay: $200 per month
Hours per Week: 15 hours per week
Work Schedule: Based on department need
Days of the Week: Monday-Sunday
The Summer Conference program at Central Oregon Community College is a part of Housing and Residential Life and includes coordination of housing, meeting space and dining arrangements for summer groups staying in the residence hall. Groups range from youth camps to professional meetings.
The Conference Ambassador is a 12-week student position with a live-onsite requirement. This position assists in all phases of the conference operations including facilities preparation, check-in/out procedures, guest room changeovers and linen collection; serves as a campus and community resource to guests during guest registration, front desk and day/night duty rotations; and ensures safety, security and quality service through room inspections and adhering to housing policies. The position requires a dedicated time commitment and willingness to be available and accessible to residents and conference groups.
Terms of Employment: • This is a part-time non-benefited, non-exempt, overtime eligible position. • Upon hire, must pass criminal and driving history check; only information relevant to the position will be considered. •Student Position and house are located on Bend Campus
Guest Relations Customer Service 1. Assist conference guests by efficiently checking them in/out 2. Serve as a campus and community resource to guests and provide helpful, friendly assistance 3. Serve as a COCC advocate and represent the College in a professional manner
Administrative Office Services 4. Assemble packets for incoming guests 5. Post conference and guest signage 6. Perform varied administrative roles including guest registration, front desk and day/night duty rotation 7. Maintain the front desk/registration area in an neat organized and professional manner 8. Support Housing and Summer Conference marketing efforts through call campaigns, video production, mailings and other methods identified by Housing Marketing & Summer Conference Coordinator 9. Prepare linen bundles 10. Check COCC email account daily for conference-related updates
General 1. Perform room and common area inspections pre- and post-group arrival, including collection of linens, reporting repairs/concerns to appropriate staff and providing necessary follow-up using established practice 2. Assist custodial staff cleaning of guest rooms and common areas 3. Inspect meeting rooms prior to group use and confirm proper set-up and equipment 4. Serve on day and night duty rotation as well as appropriate policy adherence by conference guests; report any violations to the Housing Marketing & Summer Conference Coordinator in a timely manner 5. Provide lock-out assistance when on duty rotation 6. Proper, ethical usage of any facility keys issued 7. Maintain confidentiality for residents, guests and staff 8. Record all lost and found items and notify the Summer Conference Coordinator of valuable items 9. Be familiar with and effectively implement Housing Emergency Procedures, demonstrating calm leadership in an emergency should one arise 10. Other duties as assigned by Summer Conference staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The applicant must:
- Ability to provide quality, accurate, consistent customer service to residents, staff and guests, with the ability to work successfully and sensitively with constituents from diverse backgrounds. Be able to work with customers who are frustrated, angry and/or confused; diffuse the situation and provide the customer with a positive experience.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with basic tools (broom, vacuum, paintbrush, spackle)
- Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse workplace through ideas or experience
- Ability to create a sense of welcome for guests and residents
- Ability to be adaptable, maintain composure in stressful situations
- Able to commit to the Summer Conference schedule despite varying hours
- Knowledge of COCC’s campus and Central Oregon points of interest
- Ability to communicate effectively , both orally and in writing, using the English language with or without the use of an interpreter
Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without accommodation. All individuals are required to be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Live onsite in the residence hall June 16th – August 31st ; there is flexibility in the onsite requirement when conference groups are not in session
- Previous residential/communal living experience, the equivalent of at least one academic quarter (i.e. residence hall, military barracks, etc.) OR three or more months hotel/hospitality experience
- Completion of at least 16 credits at COCC or OSU-C (or the equivalent)
- Good academic standing
- Current student and enrolled in no more than six summer term credits; enrollment in summer courses is not required
- Computer and internet literacy: experience with email, Internet and word processing
- Attend two three-hour required training’s (times confirmed during interview process) they are:
- Previous experience in COCC student housing
- Previous COCC Community Assistant experience or incoming Community Assistant
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload required documents which are Resume, Cover letter, and one Letter of recommendation.
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR COCC STUDENT ONLY.
PAY AND TIME COMMITMENT, FOR POSITION: 1. On-campus housing accommodations (furnished bedroom) Saturday, June 16 – Friday, August 31 a. Due to availability, a specific room type cannot be guaranteed. Current residents should also expect to move rooms. 2. $600 stipend distributed monthly equating to $200 per month. a. Summer conference and catering schedules vary; standard meal plans are not available. Stipend is intended for food costs. 3. Weekly duties run Friday, June 22 – Friday, August 31, 2018. Hours per week vary depending on weekly group schedules with an average of 15 hours/week.. 4. Attend weekly and/or bi-weekly staff meetings. 5. Subject to 24-hour on-call status, performing all aspects of position responsibilities while in the residence hall and on campus, on or off duty, day or night. 6. Commitment and flexibility are key for this position. Approval is required for a second job and/or taking more than six summer term credits.
Is a Criminal History Check required? Yes
Is a Credit History Check Required? No
Open Until Filled Yes