Turner Broadcasting Tech Summer 2018 Intern - Digital Content Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Summer 2018 Intern - Digital Content Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
New Media Operations provides support for the delivery of digital assets to Turner’s distribution partners. The team manages the flow of VOD, SVOD, Electronic Sell Through, TV Everywhere and other digital content from the Turner brands to nonlinear platforms.
Our Responsibilities include content preparation, processing and delivering metadata, video and audio files. Validation of rights, and Brand strategy. Monitoring file transfers, editing video/audio/caption files, performing QC functions in various playout applications and evaluating database workflow processes.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Digital QC Analyst with monitoring digital content on cable set top boxes and TV Everywhere sites
- Research content delivery issues in multiple applications and delivery systems
- Assess content to meet VOD and Broadband standards: checking quality of assets
- Assist the New Media Operations Supervisors with updating and organizing the NATO SharePoint Ticketing site for New Media Ops
- Learn new technologies to perform assigned tasks
- Perform other tasks and duties as necessary
- Track and manage daily reports of error findings
What do we require from you?
- Degree/major in the area of Communications or Digital Content a plus
- Experience with cable set-top boxes and Video-On-Demand and connected devices
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be diligent, proactive and have high standards for personal work product
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- MS Office skills
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 22, 2018 – August 3, 2018. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.