Turner Broadcasting Tech Summer 2018 Intern - Business Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Summer 2018 Intern - Business Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Technology Analysis + Development Team partners with the organization to develop and implement strategic programs and initiatives designed to acquire, develop, and retain technical talent. Our goal is to have fun while providing a valuable service to our colleagues.
What will you be doing?
The Business Analyst will be a part of our Technology Skills Analysis + Development team and will help support our technical talent strategy by gathering requirements, conducting research, presenting proposed solutions, participating in project implementations, and assessing outcomes. The perfect candidate will have a passion for technology and education (hence the jargon “EdTech”), and hopefully this describes you!
In addition, our BA will:
- Partner with technologists in the organization to identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that enhance the organization's skills, performance, productivity and quality of work
- Support an overall technology training and development plan that addresses the needs and expectations of the tech roadmap
- Collaborate with technical managers for training needs
- Research technology trends to ensure competitive advantage for the training program
- Audit a wide variety of training methods
- Monitor and evaluate training program's effectiveness and successes
- Assist with developing process flows and communication to key groups
- Create and execute a digital communication strategy to engage technologists for training
What do we require from you?
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or relevant field
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Experience with the Adobe Suite of tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting for presentations
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent technical, communication and leadership skills • Must be available to work 40 hours a week
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 22, 2018 – August 3, 2018.All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week,and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.