RBC 2018 Global Investment Banking Summer Analyst in New York, New York
Global Investment Banking Summer Analyst
What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We work with clients in over 100 countries around the world to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. We are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks according to Bloomberg and Dealogic.
RBC Capital Markets is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalization. With a strong capital base and consistent financial performance, RBC is among a small group of highly rated global banks.
U.S.Summer Analyst Program
Each year, we invite high-performing, rising college seniors to join our Global Investment Banking (GIB) platform for a 10-week U.S. Summer Analyst Program. The program offers Summer Analysts an opportunity to work alongside our investment bankers on a variety of live transactions as well as client-facing business development initiatives.
What will you do?
GIB provides a complete suite of strategic advisory services, as well as equity and debt capital raising capabilities for leading corporations, institutions and governments. RBC Capital Markets' investment banking platform focuses on nine core industries and seven product groups.
- Communications, Media and Entertainment (CME)
- Financial Services (FIG)
- Power & Utilities/Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
- Financial Sponsors
- Leveraged Finance Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Alternative Investors
- Private Placements
As a GIB Summer Analyst you will spend your time:
- Developing and preserving complex financial models
- Creating pitch books and other client materials
- Generating and maintaining financial models and analysis
- Conducting research to analyze market trends
- Supporting live deals and major transactions
What do you need to succeed?
In selecting Analysts, we look for the following:
- Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of study at an accredited four-year college or university
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Value and possess strong competency in the following behaviors: Collaboration, Relationship Building, Communication, Integrity and Operating with Diverse and Inclusive Mindset
- Well-rounded set of interests and extra-curricular activities beyond academics
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
From this experience you would gain:
- A strong foundation in fundamental investment banking skills such as financial modeling and analysis, transaction execution and negotiation, and in-depth industry/product knowledge
- A better understanding of RBC's products and services
- The support of a mentor (typically a full-time Analyst)
- An opportunity to network and discuss career opportunities through a number of social events
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.