RBC 2018 Fixed Income Origination Summer Analyst Program in New York, New York
New York, NY
ABOUT RBC CAPITAL MARKETS
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, financial institutions, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We work with clients in over 100 countries around the globe to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. According to Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and Dealogic, we are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks.
RBC Capital Markets (RBCCM) is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalization. With a strong capital base and consistent financial performance, RBC is among a small group of highly rated global banks.
FIXED INCOME ORIGINATION SUMMER PROGRAM
Fixed Income Origination is a global business within RBC Capital Markets that provides underwriting, capital-raising, liability management, ratings advisory, structuring expertise and execution to help our clients across successfully raise funding in the unsecured, secured and private markets. The group works closely with our investment banking, derivatives platform, equity capital markets and sales and trading groups globally to advise and to achieve optimal execution across the capital structure of our clients.
Fixed Income Origination offers internship opportunities for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. Our Summer Analyst Program extends for 10 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals.
In evaluating and selecting intern candidates, we look for well-rounded individuals with a track record of outstanding academic achievement, an attention to detail, ability to thrive in a multi-tasking and detail-oriented environment, proven technical and analytical skills and a diversity of extracurricular activities. Other essential qualities we look for include strong oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities, initiative and the ability to play a key role as a team member in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Our summer analysts help develop ideas and market insights to support the team in the origination, syndication and execution of corporate debt and securitization transactions across a number of industry groups. Being a banker within Fixed Income Origination is unique as you provide both product expertise and industry coverage to clients across different countries and currencies.
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM) is consistently ranked as a leading originator and distributor of debt products. Whether our clients need to refinance operations, raise funds for an acquisition or restructure existing debt, we offer a powerful combination of global capabilities, sector knowledge and unrivalled execution, all backed by a strong balance sheet and one of the best credit ratings among global banks.
- Securitization (Term ABS & Conduit Finance) is a top-5 originator across the industry and offers attractive financing alternatives for companies that have current funding and liquidity needs. We work with clients to identify and convert future income streams - such as auto receivables, student loans and credit card receivables - into tradeable securities. We have extensive experience covering a wide range of traditional and non-traditional assets, as well as delivering innovative solutions and proprietary analytics.
As a Fixed Income Origination Summer Analyst you will spend your time:
- Developing and preserving complex financial models
- Creating pitch books and other client materials
- Conducting and presenting research to identify market trends used in business decisions
- Supporting live deals and major transactions
- Working closely with senior bankers to better understand the business we do
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Top grades in a four-year US college or university program and entering the final year upon completion of the program
- Basic market knowledge and a demonstrated keen interest in capital markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Extremely motivated and able to take initiative in order to identify ways to add value and improve practices
- Problem-solving skills, business sense and the ability to multi-task & prioritize in high pressure environments
- Positive attitude with willingness to perform beyond what is being asked
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Nice to Have:
- Basic understanding of financial mathematics and concepts
- Technical knowledge of programming/coding languages
- Knowledge of accounting and ability to interpret financial statements
- Familiarity with Bloomberg
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best in a team-oriented, creative environment to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
From this experience you would gain:
- Direct exposure and hands-on experience including opportunities to do challenging work
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Opportunity to connect with different desks across our Global Markets businesses, and RBC as a whole
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Training including orientation sessions as well as an in-class curriculum and regular information sessions with key business leaders
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.