Stryker 2018 Summer Internship - Regulatory - New Jersey in Mahwah, New Jersey
Requisition ID 24078BR
Job Title 2018 Summer Internship - Regulatory - New Jersey
Business Function Regulatory Affairs
Country United States
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required None
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries.
Job Description / Information
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. StrykerRegulatory internswill get to:
•Interact with multiple key stakeholders of the business
•Learn about regulations within the medical device industry
•Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
•Network with key/high-level stakeholders and leaders of the business
•Be a part of an innovative team and culture
Asa Regulatory internat Stryker, youwill:
•Work cross functionally with different departments including R&D Engineering, Supplier Quality, Marketing, and Clinical Affairs to assist in regulatory decision-making and develop a broad understanding of the medical device industry.
•Perform Regulatory Intelligence activities to ensure divisional regulatory strategy remains optimally efficient amidst changing regulations and increasing liability.
•Prepare various regulatory submissions for registering products globally to ensure Stryker products can reach our patients around the world.
•Shadow RA Specialists at new product development meetings to gain exposure to the collaborative design and development process associated with bringing a new product to market.
•Help develop robust Regulatory assessments and strategy for proposed change notifications in different regions to ensure minimal disruption to registrations or approvals.
Majors Targeted: A scientific or technical discipline is preferred
• Currently working on completion of Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability