FleishmanHillard Graphic Design Intern (Summer), Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Los Angeles is seeking a passionate and innovative Graphic Design Intern. This position is perfect for a skilled content creator who will thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing environment. Our ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of the fundamentals: typography, color theory and layout etc., and a drive to deliver beautiful, thoughtful, and inventive creative solutions across print, presentation with a heavy focus on social media.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about visual communications, graphic design, is eager to learn, and is as committed to doing great work as we are. The FleishmanHillard experience provides the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through exposure to client service and the inner workings of an international communications firm. If this sounds like you and you have the portfolio to prove it, apply today. To see some of our past award-winning work please check us out at http://fleishmanhillard.com/work/ .
Responsible for working with the creative team to develop and produce:
- Social media content including Facebook and other social/online visuals, infographics, and promotional elements
- Logos/key visuals and style guides
- Powerpoint templates, presentation boards, and hardcopy proposals
- Will work with diverse personalities across the firm, managing a busy workflow consisting of multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Will participate in creative brainstorms
- Other duties as assigned
- Macintosh and software skills including Powerpoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (infographic design, icon development, photo manipulation, color correction, layering, etc.), and Keynote
- Well-rounded design experience as demonstrated through portfolio or school and/or “real world” work, including collateral design and production, social/online content development and production, and graphic identity development
- An understanding of fundamental design skills, production, a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition.
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with varying production styles with demanding client expectations and deadlines.
- Eager, productive and positive attitude: A go-getter who wants to learn and contribute to the agency environment
- Understanding of printing and production processes
- Must have good interpersonal communications skills, take direction and creative critique/constructive criticism well
College graduates are preferred. Applications are welcomed from students with concentrations in all major communications areas, but backgrounds in communications design, graphic design, mass media, digital media, and public relations are given first consideration.
If this description is an accurate representation of your arsenal of skills, please send us the following:
- Either a link to your website or video channel showcasing your portfolio
- A cover letter
- Your resume
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard Los Angeles will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.