CLARK Material Handling Company Intern-Engineering (Summer 2018) - (SM10136) in Lexington, Kentucky
Intern-Engineering (Summer 2018) - (SM10136)
Job Requisition ID:SM10136
Job Title:Intern-Engineering (Summer 2018)
CLARK Material Handling Company, a global leader in the material handling industry located in Lexington, KY is seeking qualified Engineering students to fill our 2018 Summer Engineering Internship positions. This is a paid position.
As an Engineering Intern, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on a variety of challenging projects. Will assist the Engineering department with various tasks as needed. Position will require you to be mechanically inclined to work on forklifts which may include using hand tools and lift heavy objects. Our internship program is designed to provide students with a positive work/training experience and challenging objectives that are consistent with your career goals and current level of education.
Plan, perform and coordinate various analytical functions within a particular area or areas of assignment under the direction of a senior engineer.
Assist the engineering department as needed on various projects, clerical tasks and assignments.
Will work on a Lowest Cost of Ownership project for various models of material handling equipment.
Position may include test assistance of completed product, systems or components for functionality, safety, durability, compliance and or other reasons.
Analyze various data bases, and trends to create reports and presentations.
Analyze corrective actions submitted
a. Verify corrective action implemented at the factory – otherwise resubmit corrective action.
b. If improvement has been made establish timeline and measure effectiveness of corrective action.
c. If corrective action not effective – resubmit with appropriate data.
- Based on analysis of failure trends submit any corrective actions that have been overlooked.
a. Include where possible a root cause analysis to aid in corrective action
b. Develop logging system whereby corrective actions can be tracked in the future.
Harvest data from dealers on maintenance rates to determine cost drivers outside of standard warranty.
Will participate in the building and assembling of forklifts, forklift components and material handling equipment
• Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering
• CAD knowledge / experience would be beneficial/preferred NX (Siemans)
• Mastery of computer skills, including Microsoft Office, focus on MS Word/Excel & Access.
• Must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to read blueprints, installations/process sheets, wiring diagrams.
• Good mechanical aptitude is a must with experience using various hand and air tools
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs of assembly components, with the ability to maneuver a lifting device for components over 50 pounds (i.e. tires, motors, pumps) up to 50 times per day.
• Must be able to torque up to 500 lbs of pressure using manual and or electric torque wrench required upper and extremity strength.
• Reach around into and under areas of truck to adjust, assemble bolts & components etc.
• Ability to assemble components that require repetitive twisting motion of wrist and arms.
• Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely
Physical / Environmental Conditions:
The incumbent is located in an office environment with regulated heating and cooling. The position requires using a personal computer and monitor, as well as basic office equipment. Position will also require incumbent to work in the manufacturing area where you may encounter loud noise, varying temperatures (including heat during summer and from the Operation of equipment. Various machinery and equipment may generate loud noise and
Vibration. The incumbent may come into contact with oil, grease, paint, solvents and other potentially hazardous materials. The incumbent may also encounter dust, fumes, flying debris, and fast moving machinery, such as forklift trucks.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.
Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Clark Material Handling Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.