Jewish Community Center Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education and Summer Camp Director in Irvine, California
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County, California is located centrally in beautiful Irvine, Newport Beach and Newport Coast, California. The Merage JCC is located in a 220,000 sq. ft. full service modern building on the Samueli Jewish Campus. With over 3,000 family units, it has a suburban feel even though it is only 45 minutes from Los Angeles and 1 hour and 15 minutes from San Diego. The Orange County Jewish Community is home to approximately 100,000 Jews, many of whom use the J as their destination for Jewish life.
The ECLC Assistant Director reports directly to the Director of Early Childhood and will work closely with her and the Administrative team to support JCC Early Childhood's vision of excellence, goals and strategy ensuring the highest quality program is offered to the communities we serve.The ECLC Assistant Director will provide direct support and mentorship to teachers in the Early Childhood programs on a daily basis. She/He will have direct oversight of our Summer Camp Yeladim program. The Assistance Director will have strong knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices.The ECLC Assistant Director ensures teachers growth and professional development, as well as guides and facilitates the Reggio inspired pedagogy. The Assistance Director will also promote cooperation, participation and harmony within the Faculty and convey a sense of collegiality and professionalism in the collaborative environment.
The ECLC Assistant Director will participate in center-wide functions, events and initiatives and will serve as a resource to and provide appropriate support and feedback to the Teaching Faculty. The Assistant Director participates in ECLC Leadership Team meetings and Merage JCC Staff meetings.
This is an exempt full time position.Competitive salary and full benefit package including moving expenses.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree a plus
- Knowledge of Reggio practices a plus
- Knowledge of Jewish Holidays a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience teaching in early childhood education.
- Administrative experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Date Posted: 10/10/2017
Title: Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education and Summer Camp Director
JCC: Merage JCC of Orange County
Location: Irvine, CA