Stanley Black and Decker Mechanical Engineer Internship (Summer 2018) in Holliston, Massachusetts
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2016 Revenue was 11.4B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.5B of SBD annual revenue.The Global Tools & Storage Division manufactures and markets power tools, hand tools and power tool accessories under the brands of DEWALT, Black & Decker, Stanley, Bostitch, Porter-Cable and many more.
In these challenging roles… In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Engineering at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards… This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
Key Responsibilities: Mechanical Design:
- Design and prototyping of innovative consumer power tools
- Mechanical design of power tools using 3D CAD software (CATIA)
- Prepare drawings for prototyping purposes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to create new ideas
- Prepare presentations and slides to communicate ideas
Must complete 1 innovation project, including proof of concept prototype Mechanical Engineering:
Help prototype mechanical and/or mechatronic product concepts related to power tools and related fields
- Project involving material movement / transport
- Preparation of possible solutions along with decision matrix to assist in choosing technical direction
- Design and construct prototypes
- Create bill of materials and preliminary cost analysis
Presentation of results to supervisor and innovation/technology leadership Our Requirements:
Working toward a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at a college or university level
- Minimum classes completes: Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Material Science, Statistics & Experiment/Lab Methodologies
- Courses in Basic Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Embedded software is a plus
- Basic CAD & Drafting skills
- Proven Leadership in and out of the classroom
- Fast learner and someone that takes the initiative
- An active participant on a team or in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge/Skills of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills.
- All applicants must be based in and/or able to commute to Southington, CT
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 49750BR
Title: Mechanical Engineer Internship (Summer 2018)
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Massachusetts
No. of Positions: 2
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.