WestRock R&D & Technical Services Summer Co in Carol Stream, Illinois
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
R&D & Technical Services Summer Co-op - Carol Stream, IL
450 East North Avenue
Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188
· The R&D/Technical Services Co-op for the Product Development Group (Corrugated Container) will work out of the WestRock Carol Stream, IL Technical Center and report to the Laboratory and Technical Services Manager.
· During the six-month co-op program, the R&D co-op will develop knowledge and experience with a broad spectrum of test methods and engineering principles used to develop, evaluate, and improve performance based packaging.
· TAPPI Test Methods will be used to conduct testing and evaluation of Corrugated Board, Base Materials, and Boxes.
· Learn how to analyze test data from packaging components to evaluate how these properties affect overall package performance.
· ISTA, ASTM, and customized test protocols will be used to simulate various storage and distribution environments to which a packaged product may be subjected.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Project management work will be assigned that will allow the co-op to research topics important for WestRock to Defend, Improve, and/or Gain business.
· Develop project plans, submit project and testing plans for approval, gather or produce samples for testing, perform appropriate tests, analyze test data, and present findings to R&D leadership team.
What You Need to Succeed:
· Candidates should be majoring in a technical field of study. Areas of study could include Packaging Science, Paper Science, Industrial/Mechanical Engineering.
· Classwork and experience related to the physical properties of packaging materials will be important assets for this position.
· Classwork and/or experience related to package design and/or testing are preferred.
· Candidates should have an interest in a career in the packaging industry focusing on Corrugated Packaging.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
R&D & Technical Services Summer Co