Cigna HealthService Leadership Program: Summer Associate in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Cigna's HealthService LeadershipProgram (HLP) Summer Associate Internship, a premier 10-week experience that willallow you to have an impact on our business while you develop a foundation to buildyour career within healthcare. Cigna offers summer associates an opportunity toown specific deliverables and work alongside business leaders within thefollowing businesses or functional areas:
Strategy & Business Development
In addition, summer associateexperiences are typically aligned with business segments that include: U.S.commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, government and higher education, hospitals,exchanges, life/accident/disability as well as voluntary and global benefits.
As a CignaHLP Summer Associate, you will be:
- Assigned to a business function that encourages you to build your business acumen and strengthen your leadership skills on a project aligned to Cigna's growth strategy
- Paired with a current HLP Associate to serve as a 10-week mentor
- Exposed to Cigna's executive and senior leaders in smaller, targeted forums
- Develop and hone your presentation and networking skills
- Challenged to grow, learn, and contribute to Cigna while having fun
Your HLPsummer experience will include:
- Multi-dimensional, customized personal development achieved through: experiential learning, executive speaker series, group projects, and offsite immersion experiences
- Leadership development through Cigna's competency based assessment model
- A supportive and collaborative community of peers
- Community outreach and charitable events
The HLP Summer Associate Internshipis the primary entry point to becoming a Full-Time HLP Associate. Summerassociates selected to join the Full-Time HLP will participate in three to fourpersonalized rotational assignments ranging 12-24 months in duration, aligned toCigna's growth strategy and your personal development goals. Full-timeassociates build leadership capability through a breadth and depth ofexperiences throughout Cigna’s global organization with the ultimate goal of managingvision, driving strategic projects, and leading associates to help Cigna'scustomers improve their health, well-being, and sense of security.
WhyCigna's HealthService Leadership Program?
In the HLP, you’ll gain well-rounded knowledge ofCigna's business through rotations aimed to give breadth and depth ofexperience. These valued, high impact, and robust development experiencesinclude:
- Understanding key stakeholders within the healthcare ecosystem
- Client and customer facing experiences
- Exposure to global markets
- Leading a major change initiative and influence across the matrix
- Managing a team
- Leading a major project through its implementation
- Supporting and enabling mergers and acquisitions through special projects
- Understanding diverse customer segments and distribution channels
First rotation:Bloomfield, CT (Cigna Corporation headquarters). As our associates progress,they may pursue opportunities in other Cigna locations as determined bybusiness need, in and outside of the United States.
- MBA, MPH or MHA with 4 to 5 years of professional experience
- Passion and dedication to become a business leader in healthservice industry
- Demonstrated ability to influence across a matrixed organization
- Strong business acumen and leadership
- Innovative thinking and analytical problem-solving skill
Thinkthis opportunity is right for you? Please visit cigna.com/careersand apply to job ID 17007415.
US CandidatesOnly : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a specialaccommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Bloomfield-Connecticut
Work Locations: 900 Cottage Grove Road Wilde Bloomfield 06152
Job: Bus Ops--Bus Proces & Proj Mgt
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Part-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2017, 9:00:23 AM