Husky Energy Summer Student, Market Fundamentals & Pricing in AB, Canada
Position:Summer Student,Market Fundamentals & Pricing
Start Date:May 1, 2018
Length of Term:4 months
Business Unit:Integrated Value Chain, Downstream
Application Deadline:December 31, 2017or once the position has been filled
· Assist with daily price feed updates into Centralized Pricing Database, whilst adhering to best practices for data stewardship
· Identify growth opportunities or automation opportunities from data management perspective
· Assist with daily, weekly, or monthly commodity price distribution
· Support commodity price data visualization consumption from internal customer service perspective and self-serve perspective
· Build custom commodity price workbooks for various individuals in the Downstream organization
· Contribute to administrative efforts for Market Fundamentals & Pricing Team in order to shape, solidify, and socialize best practices
· Assist with presentation preparation as required
Who we’re looking for:
· Must be returning to studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in the fall following the work term
· Economics, Finance, Accounting , Marketing, or combined IS Business double major
· Strong computer and MS Office skills are essential, specifically MS Excel and MS Access
· Exceptional written and verbal skills
· Any previous work experience associated with Physical or Financial Commodities would be considered an asset
· Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
· Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· Enthusiastic to learn, ask questions, and seek clarity
· Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities by working independently on daily and monthly tasks
Benefits of a Husky Summer Student Position:
- Opportunities to:
o take part in impactful business projects
o network with experienced professionals
o engage in a strong student network
o gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
Please submit a resume and transcript with application.
Please note: Applications without recent transcripts will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women and people with disability.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.__
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Title: Summer Student, Market Fundamentals & Pricing
Requisition ID: 15293